Published on April 21st, 2015 | by aeiko0
The best Studio Ghibli Cosplays and costumes we found so far
1. Kamaji (Spirited Away)
If you’ve seen Spirited Away, you know that Kamaji has plenty of little worker buddies…
2. Soot sprites (Spirited Away)
There they are! I love that they included the coal and the candy.
3. Yubaba (Spirited Away)
I had to include three Spirited Away cosplays because…I just had to, okay?
4. Princess Mononoke (Princess Mononoke)
Beautifully legit! Make sure you also check out our post featuring a stunning cosplay of the Forest Spirit if you haven’t already.
5. Kodama (Princess Mononoke)
I love seeing the more out-of-the-box ones like these guys and the soot sprites.
6. Kiki and Tombo (Kiki’s Delivery Service)
This adorableness seriously puts my own Kiki cosplay to shame. The bike!!
7. Marco/Porco (Porco Rosso)
This cosplayer is bringing justice to a severely underrated Ghibli film.
8. Totoro (My Neighbor Totoro)
A less realistic approach than the precious baby Totoro atop the post, but a truly awesome one. Sprites in the dress’ tulle? So cute. But you can’t have Totoro without…
9. Mei and Satsuki (My Neighbor Totoro)
They even have their own Catbus! Which reminds me…
10. Catbus (My Neighbor Totoro)
I’ve never needed anything so badly in my life.
11. The White Witch (Ni No Kuni)
Video game cosplayers count too! Especially when they’re as well done as this. Nailed the cape.
12. Ponyo, Sosuke, Fujimoto, and Granmamare (Ponyo)
…C-can I join your family?
13. Arrietty (The Secret World of Arrietty)
Extra points for making her look super tiny.
14. Sheeta and Pazu (Castle in the Sky)
Action shots outside of convention walls are the best.
15. Nausicaa (Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind)
This is great, but even a fake Ohm is creeping me out a little.
16. Turnip Head, Sophie, and…Howl’s castle? (Howl’s Moving Castle)
I saved my favorite for last: Howl’s castle. Amazing.